School Home Partnership (SHIP)
School Home Integrated Partnership
What is SHIP?
SHIP is a way of supporting families in the home using our experience of working with your child at school.
SHIP supports parents, carers and families with children who have communication difficulties, social interaction problems and difficult or challenging behaviour.
What will SHIP do for you?
- Give you a home/school worker
- Listen to you and your child to find out more about your needs
- Talk to other agencies where they are involved
- Suggest strategies and ways of coping
- Create and provide materials and show you how to use them
What are our aims?
- To provide you with the help and support you may need
- To make sure everyone has the same aims and are using the same strategies at home, at school and in programmed care
- To work with you to increase your confidence with managing your child’s behaviour
- To enable your child to make progress and to access social and leisure facilities and to empower you as a family
Who can have SHIP?
SHIP is available to any families within our school. Parents and carers are invited to contact the Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher for a referral.
How long will the support last?
Interventions are short term in the first instance e.g. up to a term. If needed more sessions or re-referrals can be made.